Friday, May 31, 2013

Falling Hard and Falling Fast

You've all head that the first man you meet after a breakup is bound to be "The Rebound".  He's someone that you don't necessarily like, but that you'll tolerate in the meantime until you are truly over your heartbreak and can deal with real-life dating again.  You go on a few dates, you have sex a few times... It's not bad, but it's not great.  And eventually, you move on.

I've found my Rebound.  Except that I'm not sure he's a rebound because he's perfect.  I met him while in the downward slope of my relationship with Dickhead, and once I finally got the courage to end things, my Rebound showed up.  On my doorstep, at my beck and call, with lots of kisses and one hell of a backrub.  He doesn't know much about Dickhead and I don't really share my feelings because I thought that this was just going to be a few time thing.

The problem is that I really like him.  He's a lawyer in school to get his MBA.  He's hella rich.  He's gorgeous.  The sex is good.  Essentially, I'm screwed.  He's one of those guys who will never commit to anyone or anything, and I'm bound to have my heart broken in this situation, but I cannot stop thinking about him.  When we're together, it feels like everything is perfect.  I can see my future trophy wife life lined up and waiting for me.  I am falling hard and I am falling fast and the only thing that can stop this from happening is to keep my distance, which I obviously cannot do because I actually like the man.

This is not how I imagined my Rebound to be.  This was supposed to be a few date thing... He is not supposed to send me cute good morning messages or want to take me out to fancy dinners or act like my semi-boyfriend.  I need some female help - date him or dump him?  Advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment