We all have the one boyfriend.. The one where we look back and think "was I really that drunk the entire relationship?" For me this boyfriend (thankfully) happened during my senior year of high school and I have since learned from my mistake. My mom hated him, my friends told me not to date him, and even my subconscious wondered what the hell I was doing. It was a mess, and ultimately I figured out that it wasn't going to work out. Now he's a drunk with a baby and I'm living my life in the city. Ultimate win on my part.
The more I think about it, my relationship with Dickhead was the same way. I really really really loved him, and I got so wrapped up in our relationship that I didn't know how to pull my head out of his ass. But in the end I also learned from this mistake.. When he called me a bitch in the middle of a fight, that was all I could take. I was done, and he knew it. That doesn't mean that I don't miss him or that I don't mourn what we had, because I definitely do. I miss all the good times and I miss the way he used to treat me.
However, we have to remember that we cannot date someone's potential - we have to date his reality. Once the once caring person becomes sullen and draws back, its time to move on. You may love him and want to be with him, but if he isn't 100% invested in you or your relationship then it is beyond time to move on. Be strong and find someone who makes you happy. Live your life for you, in the present. Don't be constrained by your past because we've all made mistakes - now it's your chance to learn from them.
No comments:
Post a Comment