Sunday, May 26, 2013

Moving On is the Only Option

We've all been there at 11:30 on a Saturday night.. You're sitting there by yourself, drinking some wine, and crying about the fact that you have absolutely nothing to do.  Suddenly, the fact that you haven't spoken to your recent ex lately becomes blatantly obvious, and you feel like the best thing you can do is cyber-stalk him.  You know that you're starting to do better, but you want to make sure that he hasn't moved on yet.

That is an absolutely terrible idea.  Step away from the computer.  Turn the iPad off.  Put the phone down... There is no need to walk back into the trap that he is laying.  You are finally doing better - you're not crying into your pillow every night and you no longer cry when you smell his cologne.  Do not let him control your life!  The last thing you need is to see that he is doing absolutely fine without you.

Moving on is the only option that you have.  When you have these weak moments (and you will), make sure you occupy your mind with something else.  Read a book, text a friend, call your mom.  Even taking some NyQuil and passing out for the next ten hours is a better option than Facebook stalking.  Do whatever you need to do to get through this weak moment and in the morning, you'll be glad that you did.  

Personally, I have a list of all the reasons that I shouldn't call him.  Literally, it says "Reasons I Don't Like Dickhead - AKA Why I Shouldn't Call Him" and every time I want to hear his voice or stalk his Twitter, I think of something to add to the list.  I'm up to 42 reasons at present moment, and I'd say that that is more than enough but sometimes I still break down.

I called him today, and he didn't answer so I creeped on his Twitter.  I instantly hated myself for it, and now I've vowed not to do it again.  It's hard to move on - I get it, trust me.  But in the end, you'll be happier because if you decide that cyber-stalking really isn't a great pastime.  Eventually you'll move on and find someone else - make your life a little bit easier until that moment comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment